A certification in Human Services provides students with general knowledge and skills to work in a diverse range of human and social service organizations. Students develop foundational knowledge and skills to address individual and family issues, and strengthen connections between individuals, family members, and/or members of the community.
Program Outcomes: Graduates will be able to:
1) Engage and build rapport with clients from diverse backgrounds, developmental stages, and contexts.
2) Assess, collaboratively plan, and document client current status and goals.
3) Work collaboratively and inclusively with a diverse range of clients and colleagues.
4) Demonstrate ethical practice through the use of ethical decision-making models, and adherence to relevant codes of ethics.
5) Explain the influence of the environmental context and the role of policy to enhance wellbeing.